Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ginnifer Goodwin Reacts to Weight Watchers Uproar

Having caused a bit of an uproar over comments about her longtime use of Weight Watchers revealed in an interview last month, Ginnifer Goodwin is amazed at how upset people became over the scenario.

Trying to clear the air, the "Big Love" actress tells that she's never been a hard-core dieter - simply a member of the weight losing group's online program.

Talking to People magazine, Miss Goodwin dished, "I was so shocked when it was this whole, 'Ginny's been on a diet since she was 9 years old!' I was like 'No!' I've never had body issues, I've never had an eating disorder. I've never had to go on a diet and that's because of Weight Watchers."

The 32-year-old went on to explain that being an overweight youngster led to her interest in Weight Watchers, saying, "I began to identify myself as fat. At 9 years old I weighed about 10 lbs. less than what my weight is at 32. I needed to get help."

"I ended up going to my mother crying," Ginnifer continued. "With the counseling of my family doctor, my mother ended up turning to Weight Watchers and their children's program. I went to weekly meetings, got counseling and would exercise with my peers who were my size. It was the first time I saw a proper children's portion size, and it wasn't two burgers, it was one."

Going on to say that she's dropped a few pounds since her Hollywood career kicked off, the recently engaged actress closed out by telling that her mom made sure that her approach to thinness was done in a healthy nature.

"Her reaction was not, 'Oh, I'll help you get skinny," Goodwin tells. "My mother's reaction was, 'Why don't we all go and learn a little more about our health."

Tamala Jones Emma Heming Susie Castillo Alecia Elliott Shakara Ledard

No comments:

Post a Comment