Saturday, April 30, 2011

American Idol Exit Interview: Casey Abrams Says Goodbye


Humble until the end, Casey Abrams recently spoke on his elimination from American Idol.

The bearded crooner told MTV he had a feeling his name would be called on Thursday night. Not because he did poorly, but because he was so impressed by his competitors.

My performance was pretty good," he said. "But seeing Jacob kill it and then seeing Haley kill it, seeing Scotty and Lauren kill it and Durbin obviously... it just made me feel like, 'These guys are incredible. These guys could carry the show. I don't really need to be here, so if I go home tomorrow, I'm prepared.'"

Farewelll Casey

On a personal note, Casey's goodbye to contestant Haley Reinhart - which included a kiss - forced him to clear up all rumors about the two dating. He just refers to her as his "special music friend."

"I was completely on random mode. I didn't plan on ending up on Haley; it just happened that way. Nothing was planned," he said of his hug and kiss-filled farewell on stage.

Does the talented singer (he plays cello, bass, drums and clarinet) have any parting words of advice?

"Don't take yourself too seriously. Take music seriously, but not yourself."

Kate Beckinsale Hilary Duff Vogue Jessica Pare Alexis Bledel

No comments:

Post a Comment