Friday, October 29, 2010

Helena Bonham Carter Likes Her 'Insane' 'Deathly Hallows' Character

'She's kind of exhausting to play because she screams a lot,' actress admits of Bellatrix Lestrange.
By Kara Warner


Helena Bonham Carter in "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"
Photo: Warner Bros.

The promo campaign for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" has kicked into high gear, with various TV spots, trailers and character posters lighting up screens and billboards, and turning up the already intense fan excitement for the film.

When MTV News caught up with the ever-unique Helena Bonham Carter at the Hollywood Awards Gala on Monday night, we asked her what she thought about seeing herself — as super-villain Bellatrix Lestrange — all over the place.

"I like that one," Bonham Carter said of this poster. "I don't usually like photos of me, but I like that one because there is lots of atmospheric lighting," she explained.

"And also, I like my teeth. I had fake teeth," she added. "It's a beauty tip: Use fake teeth. The [teeth] plumped up my upper lip, which makes you look younger. It's like having collagen without having collagen because it makes the lip fuller. Always get false teeth."

A valuable tip, indeed, but we wondered what else Bonham Carter enjoyed about playing the crazy, evil Bellatrix.

"Well, she's totally insane," she said. "It's always fun playing insane. She's kind of exhausting to play because she screams a lot, but she was fun. I miss her, actually. She's innately a child, which is always fun to be childish. Any excuse to be childish."

Bonham Carter has also said getting to play Hermione was a favorite moment in filming "Deathly Hallows."

"Rather than put Emma Watson in a helluva load of makeup, they just said, 'Now you go act like Hermione,' " she said of the filmmakers' decision. "That was fun, because I always wanted to be Hermione. ... [I was] looking at Dan [Radcliffe] and Rupert [Grint], and they were treating me as if I was 17."

Are you excited to see how Helena takes on Hermione? Tell us in the comments!

Check out everything we've got on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1."

For young Hollywood news, fashion and "Twilight" updates around the clock, visit HollywoodCrush.MTV.com.

Related Videos Related Photos

Bijou Phillips Christina Milian Michelle Behennah Nikki Cox Monika Kramlik

No comments:

Post a Comment